The Ring
Today I put the down payment on Jen's engangement ring. I have constructed the whole formula, and I am damn proud of myself. Once I get it totally hashed out, I will share it with you. We are going to San Fransisco for my cousin Toddy's graduation (there is no graduation by the way).
So there is a really cool story about the ring, of course if she doesn't like the ring and keeps it to herself until we are seventy and then when I crok she tells our kid that she never really liked the ring, but really, I don't care, she will love it, because it is from me, and I think I know her. This is the ultimate test. Do I know what she wants? So a couple of weeks ago my sister was in town. We made up some story about where we were going. I told Jen that I had to go to see my sister's friend at Caltech who was having problems with their website and PHP. Mind you, I am good at this. Php and making shit up. So we go to 60 something (can't remember the name) first. I know what Jen wants. 3 stones, two accenting a third round dimond. Somthing simple, I have all that, but what I don't have is the style. So going into the store I see a 3 ring, all round cut, less than a karet, simple band, but the mount. I forgot to ask the mount. This one, which I really liked, was organic, artsy, not contemperary, but unuseal, but in a simple way. This was the ring. But is this not simple enough? Is this what she would want? I loved it, but this was her ring. I didn't know, I looked and compared, and came to the only logical solution. My sisters were coming over for dinner the next day, Saturday, they will take Jen down to old town. My sisters will take her into the store to see what she likes, think about it, my sisters are giddy and love to embarass me. So what would be more embarassing, my sisters with my girlfriend in a jewlery story. She would not suspect a thing. Yea, from this lense it is obvious, to Jen, or anyone in her posistion wouldn't suspect a thing. This is something that my sisters would do. I would get mad, and Jen would feel bad for me, and most importantly, I will know what ring she wants. Genius! However dinner was postponed due to some family issues until the next day, Sunday, the store was closed, shit. Now at this time I have Jen wanting to go to the Jewlery mart, that is bs, why would I go there? But I she wants to look at rings. Hmm, I have to go to the Apple store to get a case for my IPOD because it is scratching. The 60 store is conviently close to the Apple store. So lets just go in there and look somewhere. She is telling me what her mom's friend's co-worker's daughter's husband got her ring. "Ok we will check that out, but lets see what you want." I was thinking about how I would "point out this ring to her." While thinking about it she says, "O-I like that one." It was the one that I wanted her to look at. She looked at other rings, but kept going back to this one. I told her that my sister though she would like a more traditional mounting, but I thought she would like the organic artistic one. She says, "I like the... your sister thinks I am strait lace? what?" "The ring jen, we are talking about the ring." shit she is here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home